Welcome to the SASED Remote Learning Site
All Illinois schools are now in a period of “Remote Learning Days” though the end of the 2019-20 school year,
as a measure to slow the spread of COVID-19.
What does learning/instruction look like in remote learning?
Our two priorities in providing instruction for our students with disabilities are:
- Focus on the safety, health, and welfare of students and their families.
- Make good faith efforts to provide accessible and appropriate services in light of the current circumstances.
To that end, teachers and related service staff will be checking in with families regularly by phone, email, video conferencing, mail, and/or other means. Teachers and related service staff will be providing learning opportunities and activities for students that are age and developmentally appropriate based on their IEP. These opportunities and activities may be delivered online and/or through email/mail. Activities will include academic, social emotional learning, functional/daily living skills, and motor skills as appropriate to the age and ability levels of the student.
We appreciate your patience as we all learn this new system together!
- Is your question about curriculum, classwork, grades? Please ask your student's teacher. Classroom contact information can be found below the Remote Learning Calendar.
- Is your question about related services or IEPs? Please contact your student’s program administrator or IEP team member directly.
- Is your question not related to either curriculum or tech? Do you have some feedback to share? Please complete the Parent Questions Form and we'll get the right person to connect with you.
For contact information, please click on a Program below, then click on your teacher's name.