Welcome to the SASED Guide to 2021-22
SASED is committed to providing staff and families with on-going communication related to instructional and health/safety plans. Please refer to this page for current information and resources.
We appreciate your patience as we all learn this new system together!
- Is your question about curriculum, classwork, grades? Please ask your student's teacher. Classroom contact information can be found in the SASED Classrooms section at the bottom of the sased.org home page.
- Is your question about related services or IEPs? Please contact your student’s program administrator or IEP team member directly.
- Do you have a question or comment about the Return to Learn Plan? Please complete the Parent Questions & Feedback Form.
For additional information, please visit the SASED Parent Resources
State of Illinois COVD-19 updates and resources can be found at coronavirus.illinois.gov.
Internet Access Opportunities
- Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone: Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots, and then launch a browser.
- Drive Up Wi-Fi HotSpots for Illinois Students
Mental Health Resources
The Illinois Department of Human Services has launched a support line called Call4Calm that is reachable via text. Individuals who want to speak with a mental health professional can text the word “TALK” or “HABLAR” (for Spanish speakers) to 552020. Within 24 hours, that individual will receive a call from a mental health professional employed by a local community health center.
People can also text other terms, like “unemployment” or “food” or “shelter” to the same number to receive information on how to navigate and access supports and services. Call4Calm is free, and individuals who use it can remain anonymous.
Additionally, the Illinois State Board of Education has listed several School Wellness Mental Health Resources at https://www.isbe.net/Pages/MentalHealthResources.aspx.