ILLINOIS FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT REQUESTS (FOIA)
Every school district in the State of Illinois is required to post specific district information on their website. If the information you are seeking is not contained in those documents you may request copies of existing documents by submitting your request in writing to the FOIA officer in compliance with 5 ILCS 140/1:
2900 Ogden Avenue
Lisle, Illinois 60532
(630) 778 - 4500
Your request must be provided in writing (mailed, faxed, email, personal delivery). Please make sure to include the following information in writing:
- Name of requester with date of request
- Phone number, Fax, Email (optional)
- Brief description of the information being requested and if it is to be used for commercial purposes.
- Indicate whether you want paper or electronic copies
- Response Due Date (within 5 working days of request)
- Response Due Date if for Commercial Purposes (within 21 working day of request)
(It is a violation of the Freedom of Information Act for a person to knowingly obtain a public record for a commercial purpose without disclosing that it is for a commercial purpose, if requested to do so by the public body. 5 ILCS 140.3.1(c)).
- Are you requesting a fee waiver?
(If you are requesting that the public body waive any fees for copying the documents, you must attach a statement of the purpose of the request, and whether the principal purpose of the request is to access or disseminate information regarding the health, safety and welfare or legal rights of the general public. 5 ILCS 140/6(c)).
- No charge for paper copy from paper or electronic source first 50 pages (black and white)
- $0.15 will be charged for each additional page (pages 51 and more)
- Cost of recording medium for copies of audio or video material
- $1.00 will be charged for certifying a public record
RECORDS THAT MAY BE IMMEDIATELY DISCLOSED
The following information is readily available as posted on the district website (no FOIA request required)
- Board of Education: meeting schedule, minutes, archived agendas, policies, minutes
- Annual budget
- Collective bargaining agreement
- Student Handbook
- Contracts over $25,000
- District Mission and Goals
- Administrative salary compensation report
The Freedom of Information Officer shall approve all requests for public records unless:
- Requested material does not exist
- Requested material is exempt from inspection and copying by the Freedom of Information Act
- Complying with the request would be unduly burdensome.