The SASED Governing Board is made up of an elected Board of Education representative from each of the 18 member districts. They meet each school year during the month of May to establish a schedule of regular meetings for the next school year and to elect their officers. Special meetings may be called by the Chairperson or by any five (5) members of the Governing Board. Meetings of the SASED Governing Board are governed in accordance with the Open Meetings Act, 5 ILCS 120/1 et seq.
The duties of the SASED Governing Board are as follows:
- Shall be the final authority of SASED and shall conduct the affairs of SASED under the statutory authority granted in the Illinois School Code.
- Shall serve as the Administrative Agent for SASED.
- Shall adopt the annual budget, but may not levy taxes nor authorize the incurring of indebtedness which exceeds the annual budget.
- Shall delegate operational responsibilities to the Board of Control to conduct the business of SASED.
- Shall approve employment of the Executive Director.
- Shall consider all other matters placed on the agenda.