Strategic Planning at SASED
Initial Phases of the Strategic Planning Process
#1 - Planning Stage
HYA engaged the core planning team in review of SASED mission and vision, and identifying areas for feedback and input from stakeholder groups.
|#2 - Stakeholder Input||HYA engaged and facilitated a variety of stakeholders (staff, member districts, and families) through focus groups and survey to identify strengths and challenges.|
|#3 - Data Review, Identify Priorities, Draft Goals and Strategic Actions||
HYA facilitated the core planning team in a data review process to identify themes and areas to prioritize. The core planning team drafted 4 priority areas and goals for each.
|#4 - Feedback and Refinement of Draft Priority Goals and Actions||
The draft priority and goal areas were presented to stakeholders for review and feedback. The core planning team considered the information and adjusted areas as needed.
Mission, Vision, and Core Values
Mission… is to maximize student outcomes
Vision… is to be the innovative leader that inspires, creates and implements best practices in education for all
- all students can learn.
- independence, dignity and equity are the rights of all.
- to best serve students, we develop and sustain collaborative relationships.
- is student centered, solution focused, and considers the unique identities of students that provides equity and inclusion.
- is data informed, standards-aligned, evidence based, rigorous, and high quality.
- prepares students to lead enriched and productive lives within their communities.
- through ongoing professional development to equip educators with best practice skills and competencies.
- by influencing and implementing federal and state mandates for special and general education.
- by being a resource for new research and initiatives in education.
- through partnerships which value the diversity and perspectives of stakeholders.
Strategic Plan Priority Areas for 2023-2027
High Quality Staffing
Goal #1 - Recruitment: Enhance and implement a recruitment plan to market the organization through various methods
Goal #2 - Retention: Enhance, expand and coordinate retention strategies for all employee groups
Exemplary Programs and Services
Goal #1 - Enhance access, equity, and opportunity to high-quality, innovative special education programs designed to:
- increase educational achievement and functional performance,
- promote positive behavior and social emotional well-being,
- reduce opportunity gaps, and
- prepare students for post-secondary transition.
Goal #2 - Develop an ongoing process to gather member district input on programs and services
Goal #1 - Develop, implement, and routinely evaluate comprehensive communication plans to provide routine and emergency communications to all stakeholders.
Goal #2 - Create and enhance written guidance/procedures for students, parents, districts and staff
Goal #1 - Maintain Fiscal Responsibility
Goal #2 - Seek improvement and streamlining business services
Goal #3 - Determine Facility (Infrastructure) planning strategies
Final Phases of the Strategic Planning Process
Building the 4-Year Plan
Create 4 workgroups, 1 per priority area, to build out the 4-year plan for implementation and evaluation.
|#6 - Finalize Strategic Plan||
Core planning team will review the implementation and evaluation plan and finalize the Strategic Plan for the Board.
|#7 - Board Presentation and Vote||
Core Planning Team will present the Strategic Plan and ask for Board approval.
Launch the Strategic Plan (July 2023)